Beagle Channel in the Patagonia

Beagle Channel in the Patagonia

January 17, 2013

MY LAST VACATION IN THE SOUTH OF CHILE

THE LAST TIME I WENT ON VACATION I VISITED LAKE RANCO


This will be a more personal post!  So far I have been writing informational posts in both English and Spanish, for bloggers who want to practice their language skills.


This time, I’m writing for myself!       


The Ranco Lake is the second largest lake in Chile, and it is so beautiful!


It has just about everything, hot thermal baths on the east coast, an important river flowing out on the more western side, several mountain rivers flowing in  from the Andes mountains, sublime scenery and wonderful trout and salmon fishing!


The lake is big enough to contain several small islands, one of which is a reservation for an indigenous community. Small steamers cross this lake at regular schedules. All in all, it is a sensational place to visit!


Many of my childhood memories involve this area; while living in the town of Osorno, I used to visit there constantly. I learnt to fish there and caught my first salmon, and I also learnt to row the big flat bottomed fishing boats. 



The Ranco Lake represents some of the happiest moments of my life, and has provided memories that will never fade. This becomes more and more important as time passes, as I have now reached a moment in my timeline, in which I can no longer travel and move around like I used to.



A blessing on this beautiful area!  May it ever survive all catastrophes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and even all types of predictions about the end of the World!



A VIEW OF THE RANCO LAKE





Not a very clear view, this Lake is rather shy!

Source: Cproesser, CC BY SA 3.0, Wikimedia Commons


A MAP OF THE REGION



The large lake to the North is the Ranco Lake!

Source: RAVL, CC BY SA 3.0.Wikimedia Commons



© 2012  joanveronica  (Joan Robertson)




I hope you enjoy reading about my memories!


I will be very happy to receive your comments. Just press  the word "comments"  lower doen!.