Beagle Channel in the Patagonia

Beagle Channel in the Patagonia

February 28, 2013

SHARING SPANISH AMERICA




BLOG HOP TIME WITH A NEW PROMPT




My group of Bloggers has provided the following prompt as a challenge for the next FTSF Hop, which starts tonight.


The sentence I have to complete is as follows:


You want to know what I think of Social Media? I think………...I really like several of them!


I really can’t imagine the Blogging scene without the advantages provided by Social Media. I started this Blog on Spanish America because I felt that this big area of our planet is mostly ignored or not really understood by many seekers of knowledge and information.


One of my stated objectives includes the word “discuss”. Well, it is far easier to “discuss” and to make something visible on the Social Media than on the Blog itself. It’s also far quicker to interact with other web enthusiasts through the Media, I find.


So let me review a few of my favorites and relate them to this Blog.



FACEBOOK.

 

The Social Media par excellence! How would we all survive without it! I enjoy the quick interchanges, the various features; the way people appear and disappear in a flash! I admit that a couple of years ago I thought it was a rather stupid activity, but now…! I find friends there, also company, support and answers to my questions. Many “Facebook friends” have been very, very patient with my stumbling attempts to learn technical stuff. 


Facebook provides a wonderful opportunity for conversations and discussions while at the same time it’s a good landing place for my Blogs. Caution: it can become addictive!



GOOGLE+


Another excellent site for sharing, discussing, learning and becoming visible on the net. I admit I still need to learn more about the way it works, but I’m beginning to feel comfortable there, and I think that it is an ever expanding opportunity to make a mark on the web with the content of my Blogs. I really like the Share pop-up that appears when I publish a new post! It’s so easy to use and so fast! This facility is due to the fact that my Blog is hosted by Blogger through a Google account.


All my Blog posts on Spanish America are up on Google+ with no effort on my part! And I get a lot of page views from that source and that makes me happy!





STUMBLEUPON




I love this site! Lots of photos, lots of color (my passion) and lots of really, really good content! 


And the most important plus: When I add a link I always receive a “thank you” message and Stumbleupon sends lots of page views to my Blog, at the moment it’s my top provider!


I can’t really ask for more!


  

PINTEREST




I love this site too; it’s even more visually attractive than Stumbleupon! Lots of color, lovely pictures and I could really look at boards there for ever! I’m starting to get more and more re-pins, so I’m happy with that also!


You can’t beat Pinterest for inspiration! Writer’s Block? Just take a tour through Pinterest, and your creative juices will start to flow! Long live Pinterest!




TWITTER

 

Another splendid Social Media! I must admit it’s been the most difficult for me, I can never think how to write my mini blogs there! I have the ideas, but the words don’t flow, something to do with the format I think! But I’m working on that, I post a lot of links for articles and I’m beginning to feel more comfortable about posting messages instead of links. 



AND WHAT ABOUT SPANISH AMERICA?



Yes, this post is on Spanish America!


Well, that’s my point exactly! In addition to the posts themselves, hosted on Blogger, all the Social Media described above have happily received my posts and/or images! 



A QUICK FLASHBACK ON SOME OF MY POSTS



ANDEAN TEXTILES



 An Inca Tunic, circa 1550 AD

Source: Public Domain, Wikimedia Commons





                                            Modern Textile Handicrafts for sale


Source: McKay Savage, CC BY SA 2.0. Wikimedia Commons






MARIMBA MUSIC FROM GUATEMALA

 

 Contra Bass Marimba


Source: Xylosmygame, CC BY SA 3.0. Wikimedia Commons



HANDCRAFTS FROM GUATEMALA

 



Hand embroidered textiles for sale at the market place



Source: Hermann Luyken, CC BY SA 3.0. Wikimedia Commons





COOKING WITH POTATO





Papas a la Huancaína

Source: morrissey, CC BY SA 2.0. Flickr


A SONG FROM THE ANDES






El Cóndor Pasa





THE ARGENTINE TANGO







 The Tango, a Painting in Fileteado Art
Tango Rojo

Soource: Alfredo Genovese, CC BY Wikimedia Commons




THE MAYA

El Castillo in all its Majesty 

Source: Capital photographer, CC BY SA 3.0. Wikimedia Commons





FINAL THOUGHTS




Yes indeed, I love these particular Social Media!


I have tried others, but dropped them. For instance, I do not enjoy Reddit.


My choices are centered on the list I have included on this post.


So have a Happy Social Media Day!





SPANISH VERSION



(This Blog is bilingual)


Mi grupo de Blogueros y Blogueras nos dio como tarea emitir nuestra opinión personal sobre los Medios de Comunicación Social, llamados simplemente, Medios Sociales.

Muy brevemente, mi opinión es favorable, ¡me gustan!

Mi vinculación con estos Medios Sociales ha aumentado considerablemente desde que comencé a escribir este Blog. En efecto, siempre he sentido que la América Hispana, esa gran área de nuestro planeta, es mayormente ignorada o bien mal comprendida por parte de las diversas personas que disfrutan buscando y adquiriendo conocimientos e información.

Uno de los objetivos que orientan este Blog, habla de “discutir”  al respecto. 

Bueno, resulta más fácil “discutir” y fomentar la visibilidad utilizando los Medios Sociales, que a través del Blog en sí. La interacción con otros adictos a la Red, es más rápida a través de los Medios Sociales, según mi parecer.

A continuación hago una breve revisión de mis Medios favoritos y su relación con mi Blog


Facebook – me gusta su dinámica; en ella es posible hacer contactos, tener entretenidas conversaciones, lograr apoyo y también respuestas a muchas consultas. Es un valioso Medio Social. El único problema es que ¡puede resultar adictivo!

Google+  Una gran creación de Google. Como mi Blog precisamente usa el soporte de Google, ¡me acomoda mucho este Medio Social!

Stumbleupon  Una bella colección de páginas con mucho colorido y buenísimas fotos y artículos. Además, envía muchos lectores a mi Blog. ¡No puedo pedir más!

Pinterest.  ¡Una maravilla de Página Social! ¡Preciosas fotos y múltiples “tableros” para admirar durante horas! ¡Es también fuente de mucha inspiración! ¡Que viva Pinterest!


Twitter.  Buen Medio Social, en ella he colocado todos mis post. Sin embargo, me ha costado un poco la práctica del mini blogueo, aunque me he ido superando.



Y ¿QUE PASA CON LA AMÉRICA HISPANA?



Bueno, de eso se trata, en realidad. Todos mis post han sido publicados en los Medios Sociales que he indicado en los párrafos anteriores, y han sido muy bien recibidos.


UNA CORTA RETROSPECTIVA DE LO YA PUBLICADO.


Esta sección se apoya en elementos visuales y no necesita mayor explicación.



CONSIDERACIONES FINALES.



Realmente me agradan los Medios Sociales que he reseñado. He probado otros, pero no han sido del todo de mi agrado, y los he dejado de lado. Esto me pasó con Reddit, por ejemplo.

¡A disfrutar de los Medios de Comunicación Social!


More about similar topics in a future post.       Más sobre temas similares en un próximo post.



LANGUAGE TIPS FOR ENGLISH


Words that go together!  * Make a mess   - * Catch a chill  - * Take a chance   - * Pay the bill   – * Keep quiet


LANGUAGE TIPS FOR SPANISH.


Expresiones de uso frecuente: * Al mal tiempo, buena cara  - * A palabras necias, oídos sordos  - * Cambiar la chaqueta 

How is your level of comprehension?    ¿Cómo está su nivel de comprensión?


© 2013  joanveronica  (Joan Robertson)


I will be very happy to receive your comments! Just click the word “comments” lower down.


 





17 comments:

  1. Joan, I am with you and rate Facebook at the top of my social media list and can't help, but love it!! Loved also seeing a look back at some of your posts and thanks as always for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine, so happy for your visit and your comment! This post helped me clarify my opinions! I think I will go with these sites and consider it a job well done!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, I'm so happy you liked my Blog! A good way to start my day, it's 6.00 AM here.I will be in to have a look at your site, some time today! See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People (myself included) are quick to point out the negatives of social media, so I appreciate your positive spin. Thanks for reminding me of the good things about all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana, so happy to have you visit! Yes indeed, the Social Media sites do have their positive side, and I tend to be an optimist! I still have to go back and visit more posts, but at the moment I'm getting laid off from my teaching job. I'm considered too old! So I will see yu all soon. Have a good day!

      Delete
  4. You all are inspiring me to finally try Pinterest. I have to admit, I still don't really understand G+! So glad you linked up with us today for #FTSF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stepanie, I'm happy to have helped convert you in favor of Pinterest! It has a beautiful visual impact! Blows Writer's Block right away, too! As for G+, I have some links that are helpful, will try to remember to send them. I believe we need to pay atention to that site, all the news is that it will soon catch up with FB. So have a good day!

      Delete
    2. Very enjoyable Post. I agree with you on 'the Facebook' (that is not my criteria for rating it 'enjoyable' lol).
      But I really like the other parts of the Post (from your blog) very interesting, will come back again.

      Delete
    3. Hi Clark, so happy to have you visit. I'm glad you liked my Blog, and I do hope you will come back, there's lots to read! I will probably see you on FB. Have a good day!

      Delete
  5. Me gusto mucho to blog. No habia escuchado El Condor Pasa desde mi juventud. Veo que la media social tende a ser en Ingles y me interesa ver un punto de vista hispano y multi-linguo. Facebook, yo creo, es el mejor aunque han perdido bastante desde que se vendieron en acciones.

    I liked your blog. I had not heard "El Condor Pasa" since I was a teenager. I see that social media tends to be mostly in English and it's interesting to see the Spanish and multi-lingual point of view. Facebook, I think, is the best even though it's lost quite a bit since going public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, this is a wonderful comment for me! I have found another bilingual person who also likes El Condor Pasa! If you read my Bio, you will have seen that I'm Chilean of British descernt. This has made me so happy, you have no idea! Maybe we can keep in touch! I hope to see you again!

      Delete
  6. I admit that I've never really taken advantage of Google +. I just can't see how it offers a different audience than Facebook or Twitter. I haven't spent much time looking into it though so maybe I'm all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Thanks for the visit and the comment. I had the same opinion about G+, but I'm gradually learning more, and I think we all need to pay more attention, I'm very impressed with its functions. So I'll see you there (probably). Have a good day!

      Delete
  7. You make me want to use Pinterest more. I don't use it much now but wonder if it'd get the word out about my blog more. And so right that with social media, it's much easier to share our beautiful photos and messages with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi! So nice of you to visit my Blog! I think that Pinterest is the same as other Social Media, it's slow to begin with. I'm just starting to get followers and repins, and I've been there sevefal months already. It just takes time, and it's so beautiful! Do enjoy it as much as you can! See you!

      Delete
  8. Joan, your post is similar to mine. I enjoyed reading how you've experienced the same kinds of social media I have. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, I read your post and had the same thoughts! Also I found your write-up very, very good, so clear and precise, I'm learning so much from all of you bloggers! I hope to see you at the next hop!

      Delete

Please leave your comments here! Thank you!